Fair Housing information
Newdigs.com requires all users of the site to comply with the Fair Housing Act.
The Fair Housing Act makes it illegal to "make, print, or publish, or cause to be made, printed, or published any notice, statement, or advertisement, with respect to the sale or rental of a dwelling that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin, or an intention to make any such preference, limitation, or discrimination".
Newdigs.com will not knowingly permit any use of the site that violates the Fair Housing Act. Toward that end, we will:
- Actively invest in promoting Fair Housing compliance.
- Remove all listings that violate Fair Housing regulations when brought to our attention.
- Remove accounts for repeat offenders of Fair Housing regulations.
- Where possible, seek legal action against repeat offenders of Fair Housing regulations.
For information about the Fair Housing Act, please see the official Federal Fair Housing Act site. For an easier read, with real-world examples, please read the Fair Housing PDF produced by The Housing Council.
Other applicable information:
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI) - prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin.
- Architectural Barriers Act of 1968 - requires that buildings and facilities designed, constructed, altered, or leased with certain federal funds after September 1969 must be accessible to and useable by handicapped persons.
- Education Amendments Act of 1972 (Title IX) - Title IX prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex.
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) - prohibits discrimination based on disability.
- Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (Title I / Section 109) - prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex or religion.
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975 - The Age Discrimination Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (Title II) - prohibits discrimination based on disability in programs, services, and activities provided or made available by public entities.
If there are any questions, comments, or to bring a Fair Housing violation to our attention, please contact us by visiting our Support page or write to us at: Newdigs.com - 411 Seneca Parkway - Rochester, NY 14613
Terms and Conditions of Service
All content on this website is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. By using this site, you acknowledge and agree that newDigs.com / simpleDigs LLC is not liable or responsible for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of site users or third parties.
newDigs.com is meant for your convenience and information only. newDigs.com does not warrant or make any representations regarding the results that may be obtained from the use of this website, or as to the reliability, accuracy or currency of any of its content.
- A listing carries no statement of endorsement from newDigs.com.
- Landlords, managers, or agents using the system carry no statement of endorsement from newDigs.com.
- It is the responsibility of the user to provide accurate and current information when creating or publishing a listing.
- newDigs.com reserves the right to delete or withdraw a listing at any time for any reasons, including, but not limited to, violations in Fair Housing compliance or repeated complaints by system users for misleading information.
- newDigs.com makes no guarantees that users will find suitable tenants as a result of using the system.
- newDigs.com makes no guarantees and accepts no liability to the suitability of tenants found through newDigs.com.
- It is the responsibility of anyone using the site to search for housing to ensure that statements and information provided by a landlord, manager or agent are accurate and correct.
- newDigs.com makes no guarantees that prospective tenants will find a suitable housing option when using newDigs.com to find vacancies.
- newDigs.com makes no guarantees and accepts no liability to the suitability of co-tenants, landlords, or any other relatonships formed using newDigs.com.
If you have any questions or concerns about our terms and conditions, please click the Send Feedback button or write to us at: newDigs.com - 411 Seneca Parkway - Rochester, NY 14613
Information we collect and how we use it
The following information will or may be collected during your use of newDigs.com:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a newDigs account, we ask you for personal information (such as your email address and an account password). We will aggregate the information you submit under your account in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Log information - When you access newDigs services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communications to newDigs, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Location data - newDigs offers location-enabled services. When using these services, newDigs may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
In many ways, collection of this information can be denied by you, the end user. In this case, newDigs.com features and functionality may not function properly.
newDigs will not share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of newDigs unless:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of newDigs, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.