Join the Newdigs team
Newdigs is a Rochester, NY-based apartment listing service that's growing fast. To that end, we need a rock-solid team of people to keep up with the growth.
We need an efficient and agile engineer motivated by solving interesting technical challenges and building new applications quickly. Our team is rapidly developing new interfaces, functionality, and tools for our platform, and finding innovative ways to visualize lots of analytics data.
The ideal candidate is hands-on when designing applications and is comfortable coding off of a problem statement instead of a formal spec. Our environment is open, collaborative, and encourages learning. We're developing in parallel with ever expanding business requirements, so you must be both fast and accurate with your code and confident in your work. You will immediately see the results of your work and creativity as will the rest of our team, our clients, and the world at large.
- Experience and Requirements:
- 1-3 years of production development experience
- Proficiency in object-oriented PHP 5, interfacing with SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, MongoDB)
- Experience with version control (Subversion preferred)
- Ability to create compliant HTML web pages (and know when not to)
- Experience with server side application development and web services
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exceed expectations
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, 24/7 start-up environment
- Bonus points:
- Experience with CouchDB, Geospatial Extentions for PostgreSQL, and/or GeoJSON
This position is full-time, in Rochester, NY. This is not a telecommute or contract role. All development work will take place at our office in Rochester city NW.
If you have the skills and are passionate about cutting edge development, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered, please address this specific opportunity in your cover letter.
CRM System Internship
Newdigs is seeking a process oriented, organized, self-disciplined intern to learn from, and eventually assist, our senior CRM staff. Newdigs interns will experience first-hand the excitement of building up a small business in a business incubator environment. In addition to learning the inner workings of starting a small business in the real estate technology industry, interns will explore CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software, and its vital role in creating and maintaining client accounts. At newdigs, we use Sugar CRM, which is an open source customer relationship management software suite. We use Sugar because we like the transparency of open source development, and lean towards using community developed products whenever possible.
Your role will largely be focused on validating and qualifying customers in our emerging metros. You will be doing the research, by comiling customer data, that will lay the ground work for our expansion into markets beyond Rochester.
- What you will learn:
- Introduction to project management of database technology projects
- Training on administration, basic and advanced customization of a CRM
- Introduction to how Newdigs supports customers using a CRM
- Introduction to process mapping
- How to approach a customer, and follow them through the sales cycle, utilizing a CRM system.
- Experience in the exciting world of start-up companies, at a dynamic, University based business incubator.
- Experience and Requirements:
- Database experience and/or previous CRM experience is a major plus, but is not a requirement.
- Current full or part-time college student preferred, so as to take full advantage of the internship's opportunity to provide college credit.
- Computer savviness, including MS Office and the internet, is a must!
Internships are 10-25 hours per week, for a duration of 3-6 months, and are unpaid. The length of the internship is determined by the intern and their company mentor at the time of hire. College credit is determined between the student and their university, but we have resources available to help you negotiate college credit with your university.
Are you an idea person? Our Rochester, NY-based start-up has 3-4 openings for dreamers and schemers. We're in a very exciting phase of growing, and we already have tons of great ideas in the coffers and in the works, but we need to pump some new energy into our marketing plan.
We're really cool (if you're a big nerd!) We have our own company sub-Reddit, allowing boundless inter-company communication! Have a great idea? Getting it in front of the rest of your peers has never been easier! Our incredibly open, conversational company atmosphere allows for collaboration like you've never experienced before.
- You MUST have a creative spirit – like we said, we're looking for idea people.
- Strong time management skills are required. Its easy to get lost in the world of social media – you'll need to be able to hone your attention in order to get results.
- Obviously, a team-player attitude is required, since this will be a group effort.
- Experience with multiple social media tools – the more the better. We're talking about Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, StumbleUpon, Reddit, etc... Please let us know which you've used before when applying, as well as any that we haven't mentioned.
- Strong writing ability. We're looking for people who know how to impart their unique personality and sense of humor into short, regular blog posts.
- Ability to create and follow processes. That's what writing and implementing a marketing plan is all about.
This summer, we're putting together a team of 3-4 interns for a special marketing project. Here's what your summer will look like:
Once a week, we'll meet at the office (or possibly over skype), to discuss the upcoming week's goals: What blog content will we write? What will we be tweeting? What's going up on facebook? Who should we stumbleupon or tumblr over next? Maybe, just maybe, we even make a guest appearance on YouTube. We make a plan that is awesome, and we put our thinking caps on and spend the rest of the week splattering the interwebs with value-add blog content about all the awesome things that renting in Western NY has to offer. At the end of the week, we'll take a look at the web traffic for the week, figure out what worked, and start all over again.
All the while, we'll be collaboratively building and modifying a marketing plan for the company. You'll be learning the ins and outs of building and implementing a social media plan. By the end of this internship, you'll have a portfolio full of writing samples, extensive knowledge in multiple social media platforms and Wordpress, as well as introductory knowledge in ChiliProject, a web-based project management software, and Sugar CRM, an open source internal customer relationship management software.
- Positions: 4 Part-Time, Unpaid
- Timeframe: 07/05/11 - 08/28/11 (Dates Flexible)
- Contact us (email@example.com) if you're interested